Click here to view our support centre. Most people have straightforward tax affairs, with the correct tax code operated against their income, resulting in the correct amount of tax being deducted by employers or pension providers. However, there are a number of people who have more complex tax affairs, perhaps having several jobs or a pension along with employment, or taxable benefits which are included in their tax code. If too much tax has been paid by a taxpayer, HMRC will issue a repayment of tax.

Author:Goltijin Tunos
Language:English (Spanish)
Published (Last):6 September 2016
PDF File Size:2.75 Mb
ePub File Size:18.24 Mb
Price:Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]

Click here to view our support centre. The majority of people with uncomplicated tax affairs will have paid the correct amount of tax and will very rarely have contact with HMRC. If too much tax has been paid, HMRC will issue a tax refund. The reconciliation process takes time and if you think you may be due to a refund of tax, you should submit form R There are other types of form to claim a repayment but a form R38 also allows you to give authority for a specified repayment to be paid to a third party.

This form is typically used when a client wants a repayment of tax to be paid to their accountant or representing agent. The authority only applies to the repayment for the year which is specified on the form R If a taxpayer wishes an agent or accountant to act on his behalf for other matters, a form should be completed.

Form R38 asks for details of who the repayment of tax is to be sent to, and the bank details if required. You can also nominate an individual to receive payment by payable order. Payment will only be sent to a bank if the account number and sort code are provided. Do you own a patent? If so, you could benefit from a huge tax saving called the Patent Box scheme. This guide…. If you are currently looking into selling your business, or purchasing one from someone else, you may have come across the term….

Limited companies. Sole traders. Limited liability partnerships. Small businesses. Tax returns. VAT returns. CIS returns. COVID support. Free bookkeeping software. Ask an accountant. Meet the team. Case studies. Privacy policy. We also have a London office. The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high.

A transaction is one bookkeeping entry such as a sale, purchase, payment or receipt. Are you sure this is correct? What is an R38 form? Please Login to comment. Connect with.

I allow to create an account. When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings.

We also get your email address to automatically create an account for you in our website. Once your account is created, you'll be logged-in to this account. Disagree Agree. Read more posts This guide… Read More. Back to Blog Contact Telephone: info theaccountancy. If you have any questions about our services please call us on Unlimited help and advice via Skype, email, phone, live chat or in person.

Automated reminders for all of your important deadlines. Regular tax efficiency reviews to reduce your tax bill. Free representation in the event of a HMRC investigation. Proactive checks of your bookkeeping records on Pandle. Free review of your website and online marketing. A range of business guides and resources. Offices in London and Wirral for meetings with your accountant. Get An Instant Quote.

Get An Instant Quote We will never share your details with any third-party. Confirm Transactions The number of monthly transactions you have entered based on your turnover seem high. Yes, submit my quote.


Claim an Income Tax refund

An R38 is the form you need if you have paid too much tax and you want to reclaim this overpayment. If necessary, you are also able to nominate another person to receive this payment for you on an R38 form. There are 11 questions to answer in total. It is imperative that the R38 is completed correctly, as any mistakes or omissions made can seriously delay any refund of tax you are owed.


What is an R38 form for?

We use cookies to collect information about how you use GOV. We use this information to make the website work as well as possible and improve government services. You can change your cookie settings at any time. If you're a foreign national assigned to the UK, you've paid too much tax and you want to claim a refund, use form R38 expat. If you use assistive technology such as a screen reader and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email different. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Related Articles